- D.E.A.R. time: Drop Everything And Read. Students should spend a few minutes each day silently reading. This activity will take place at the classroom teacher’s discretion.
- Morning Jeopardy Contest: Social Systems questions will be asked each morning in the MPR. All correct answers will be entered for a chance to win a prize. (6 winners will be chosen each day.)
- Wear a special color to honor our Solar System. Please see each day for details.
Monday, March 25:
- Wear RED in honor of the red planet: Mars
- Create your own Solar System themed bookmark. Paper will be provided.
Tuesday, March 26:
- Wear ORANGE in honor of the orange planet: Jupiter
- *Out of this world* storytime: Teachers are encouraged to read aloud a book about Space. A variety of such books will be available in the teachers’ room.
Wednesday, March 27:
- Wear YELLOW in honor of our sun
- *Rocket to the Moon* poetry day: Write a poem (acrostic, concrete, haiku, etc.) about Space. Teachers may leave time during the day for sharing.
Thursday, March 28:
- Wear GREEN in honor of our home planet: Earth
- *Turn off Technology* day. Instead of online gaming or going on Facebook, unplug yourself. Read a book, play a board game, cook together as a family, do crafts, etc…
.Friday, March 29:
- Wear BLUE in honor of the blue planet: Neptune
- *Shine Your Starlight on a Book* Bring in flashlights from home to use during D.E.A.R. time
The Scholastic Book Fair will be held next week, April 1-5. Please stop by to buy a book!